Spread the information
consumer court
24x7 free Consumer Court Complaints helpline 2

Consumer Court Complaints procedure

  • Before filing a consumer complaint in court, an opportunity to remove defects in services and products must be given to the seller or service provider’s firm/company.
  • Legal notice of 30 days must be served before filing a complaint in the court through a consumer lawyer, consumer court lawyer or a consumer law firm.
  • Company, firm, managing director, managing partner names must be mentioned as an opposite party (OPs) along with their email id, mobile number, office, and residence address
  • Defects in a product, delay in delivery of possession, excess demand of payment, breach of warranty must be written in detail in legal notice/ complaint case.
  • Unfair trade practices, mental agony, harassment incidents must be explained in detail.

Documents required with Complaint

  • Detailed Complaint
  • Aadhar Card of the Complainant
  • Invoices in the name of Complainant
  • Warranty Cards
  • Pictures of the defect, product, service agreement
  • An agreement along with terms and conditions
  • Proof of payments for product /services
  • Job cards, repair slips, etc.
  • Copy of Legal Notice sent earlier
  • Vakalatnama / Power of Attorney

Steps in Consumer Complaint Case

  • The complaint will be reviewed and shall be listed if there is no fault
  • Preliminary arguments will be heard by the Honorable Bench and notice will be issued to all opposition parties.
  • Summons will be delivered to all opposition parties along with a copy of the complaint
  • On the next date, an opportunity to file a reply will be given to opposite parties.
  • On the next date, an opportunity to file a rejoinder will be given to the Complainant
  • Arguments will be heard on the next date. It is better to file written arguments in addition to verbal arguments in the Consumer Court.
  • Judgment will be given with allowed, partly allowed, or dismissed.

Execution of Judgement of Consumer Court

  • If opposite parties fail to file an appeal or do not pay the awarded amount within the prescribed period, the complainant can file civil execution u/s 25 or criminal execution u/s 27
  • Notice or warrant shall be issued to the opposite parties to appear in Consumer Court.
  • Opposite parties pay the awarded amount to the complainant.

Consult a Consumer Court Lawyer?

Free Legal Advice by best Consumer Lawyer in Chandigarh Zirakpur DeraBassi Mohali, Consumer Law firm. Consumer Court Complaint status could be seen from NCDRC

No responses yet

Leave a Reply